Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Appointment

So, supposedly there is a new way of measuring how well you're doing weight wise with CF! Calculating the BMI (in percentile if under 20). I'm told if you're in the 50 percentile (if under 20) then you have a better chance of making it with CF. Well, in order to be in that percentile I have to weigh 114.2 lbs!!!!!! I'm 105.4 now and this is like the heaviest I've ever been! How am I supposed to weigh 114? Like where is that fat/muscle supposed to go? I already got a butt! I certainly do not need anything any bigger.

They want to put me on Ciprofloxacin and a puffer just because my lung function wasn't as good as it was last year this time. I'M FINE! I'm giving my body what it needs and it'll do what it needs to do and take care of itself without having to deal with POISON which is exactly what drugs ALL are. (well basically)

I have this opportunity to be part of a research thingy... I'm going to tell them exactly what I think about Canadian health care! (or sickness care)

As I see it, every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself.
Adelle Davis

No comments: